Friday, July 23, 2010

July 23, 2010

Top: Old Navy; Skirt: Forever 21; Necklace: Forever 21; Flats:Target


I love this skirt.  I originally bought it for an English project.  We had to teach  our class dance steps from the 1920s so we all dressed the part.  This skirt was the most 20s-ish thing I could find.

There's a big storm coming so although I took these photos a while ago, I thought it'd be appropriate to post them tonight.  The rain on the windshield of my mom's car made everything outside look like a watercolor painting.  

With the massive amount of wind and rain we are supposed to be getting, I'm spending the night at home.  I'm also pretty tired too, from my busy week.  Today was my last day at LIM :( I had two totally different experiences the two weeks that I was there and I absolutely loved it.  Today I went early and watched the fashion show that the Fashion Show Production class put on.  I really want to take that class.  Watching the show made me realize how much I really love fashion and how badly I wish to be a part of this industry.

These are projects I completed during my Visual Display and Merchandising class.  I also started a fashion journal and made a shadow box.

I think I'm going to try to get some sewing done tonight...

xx, Melissa

8 comments:

  1. What a darling outfit!:D

    Have a great weekend!:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    Beauty. Fashion. Interior Design.
    & Life According to Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady, thanks for the sweet comment! It'd be totally cool if you used my pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute skirt. very girly and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your outfit! And haha, I have some photos of raindrops too(don't they look like jewels?)

    Thank you for voting, check out my blog for a surprise: http://berlin-fashionunplugged.blogspot.com/2010/07/and-award-goes-to.html

    Have a great day!
    Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, I said thank you again when I meant you are welcome =)

    XX,
    Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really like your skirt too:)
    i have a similar one but never know how to style it up xxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile.

Pretty Little Visitors